Aunt Toni’s Cheesecake
Aunt Toni always made cheesecake for family gatherings and it is BY FAR Jerry’s favorite dessert. A few years ago for Christmas, Aunt Toni sent us a spring-form pan and her recipe. What a great gift. I have made Aunt Toni’s Cheesecake every year since.
Aunt Toni's Cheesecake
- 2½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup pecans, finely chopped
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 5 (8 ounces) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine crumbs, pecans and sugar.
- Cut in butter and combine well.
- Press into bottom and half way up the sides of a 9 inch spring-form pan.
- Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- Preheat oven to 500º.
- Cream the sugar and cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Add flour and vanilla and blend for 3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time and blend for 2 minutes.
- Blend in the heavy whipping cream.
- Pour into crust.
- Place in 500º oven for 5 minutes, reduce heat to 250º and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven and let the cheesecake remain in the oven for 4 more hours.
- Remove from the oven and refrigerate.
- Top with cherry pie filling, chocolate or other favorite topping.
The first year that I made it, I did it after work. Mixed everything perfectly then realized the cooking time. I had no clue it took so long. I had to set my alarm for the middle of the night to take it out of the oven and put it into the refrigerator…So worth it.
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.