Banana Bread is a nice sweet treat that goes well with a cup of coffee. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and brown sugar for that extra yum factor.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar, plus 2 Tablespoons
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2⅓ cups mashed overripe bananas
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Add banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Top with chocolate chips and 2 Tablespoons brown sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Love bananas, Who doesn’t? Check out more of our Banana Recipes.
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.