We’ve found out that you just can’t go wrong with a cheese dip. So, give Campfire Tequila Queso a whirl.
We love cooking on the campfire. Making an appetizer to hold everyone over until dinner has became a norm while camping. Using these tin foil pans makes it quick & easy to prepare while everyone gets the campsite ready for the night.
Campfire Tequila Queso
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel or petite diced tomatoes
- 2 shots of tequila
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 1½ Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- In tin foil pan, add cubed Monterey Jack cheese.
- Add in cream cheese.
- Pour in can of Ro-Tel.
- Pour in tequila & lime juice.
- Add fresh cut cilantro (save ½ Tbsp for garnish).
- Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place on hot coals for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Stir well, garnish with cilantro & serve.
Looking for more camping recipes? We are starting quite a collection. Camping Recipes Archives.
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.