Caprese salad is one of my favs. So, why not make it into the main entree? Voila, Caprese Chicken.We made this and it was a big hit. Plus, it was easy to make.
The flavors blended so well together. Only one thing missing…I didn’t open a bottle of wine.
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pints cherubs tomatoes, halved (cherry or grape tomatoes would be fine, I just prefer cherubs)
- 10 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced in ½ inch slices
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Salt and peper both sides of the chicken breast, set aside.
- In a large skillet, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil over med-high heat.
- Add chicken, cover and cook about 10 minutes on each side, until the internal temperature reaches 165º.
- While chicken is cooking, warm remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet on med-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for a couple minutes, until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and continue sautéing about 5 minutes, until tomatoes start to soften/wrinkle.
- Remove from heat, stir in basil and set aside.
- When chicken reaches its desired doneness, top each breast with slices of mozzarella.
- Pour tomato mixture on top.
- Cover and let cheese melt, about 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Serve immediately.
Waiting for our new house to be finished is taking for-ev-er! I want my new kitchen and sunroom 🙂 .
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.