Chang’s Spicy Chicken – Copycat from P.F. Chang’s
I love, love ,love P.F. Chang’s.
We had family over for dinner. They are also big fans of P.F. Chang’s and spicy food. Thought I would give Chang’s Spicy Chicken – Copycat from P.F. Chang’s a whirl. It turned out great, rave reviews.
Be sure to keep in touch. I also made Chicken Lettuce Wraps. If you haven’t tried them, they are a must.
Chang's Spicy Chicken - Copycat from P.F. Changs
- 10 ounces chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce (Sriracha)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Prepare the spicy sauce.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat sesame oil, garlic and green onion over medium heat, until soft.
- Stir in pineapple juice, Sriracha, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce.
- In a separate small bowl, combine water and cornstarch, until smooth.
- Mix the starch mixture into the spicy sauce. Stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low and prepare the chicken.
- Generously cover bottom of a skillet with canola oil and warm over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, egg, milk and water.
- Dunk cubed chicken into batter. Transfer to skillet and fry until golden brown, flipping to cook evenly on all sides. It should take about 15 minutes.
- Make sure the internal temperature reaches 165.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a serving dish, blot excess oil off with a paper towel.
- Pour spicy sauce over the top.
- Serve with white and/or brown rice.
I know, I know. It looks looks like a lot of ingredients. But, if you cook like me, just add a squirt of this and a pour of that (Don’t forget the extra squirt of chilli sauce). Chang’s Spicy Chicken – Copycat from P.F. Chang’s will turn out great.
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.