Chicken Salad recipes vary so much from cook to cook. I have been making this Chicken salad for 20 years. It is important to use chicken breast. The crunch of the celery is so good. But, most importantly, the season salt adds the perfect flavor.
- 1¼ pounds chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 tsp season salt
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I usually use light mayo, but I did not have any on hand)
- Boil chicken breasts until fully cooked, about 45 minutes.
- Drain, cool and shred the chicken.
- In a medium sized bowl, sprinkle season salt on the shredded chicken.
- Mix in the chopped celery.
- Stir in the mayonnaise.
- Cover and chill for about an hour.
- Serve on bread, crackers or wrap.
Sometimes we make a sandwich out of Chicken Salad. We usually just get the bowl, two knives and spread it onto crackers, while we sit on the couch and watch a DVRed episode of Jeopardy.
Growing up I was a Miracle Whip fan. Now, I prefer mayonnaise. I even like light mayonnaise. I wonder what this recipe would taste like using greek yogurt instead, Hummm.
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.