Chicken Stuffed Peppers – Halloween Style
Chicken Stuffed Peppers – Halloween Style, such an amazing and adorable idea for a fall dinner. We had Happy Hour and din din at our house. Halloween is coming up, the weather is starting to cool off (we live in Vegas) and the smell of fall is in the air.
It was fun making the pumpkins and they tasted delicious.
Chicken Stuffed Peppers - Halloween Style
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can green chills
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 small onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 yellow peppers
- Boil chicken in a pot of water for for 45 minutes or until fully cooked. Let cool and shred.
- Bring to a boil in medium sauce pan the tomato sauce, green chills, diced tomatoes, cumin, garlic, chili powder, pepper and chicken. Reduce head and simmer while preparing the rest, 20-30 minutes.
- Cook rice according to directions. Once it is done, add onion and cilantro. Cover and let steam for 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. While you are waiting for the water to boil, rinse peppers, slice off the tops and hollow out the insides, be sure to remove any seeds and the white part inside. Use a small paring knife to cut out a jack-o-lantern face.
- When water is boiling, put the peppers and tops in and allow to cook for about 5 minutes, until peppers are tender. Remove from water and set aside to cool.
- Mix the rice, shredded chicken mixture, cheddar cheese, and black beans together in a large bowl. Fill each pepper with the chicken and rice mixture and top with extra cheese. Replace pepper top back on top.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until pepper is done to desired tenderness.
Pin the picture below to save & share with friends.
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.