Chocolate Caramel & Pecan Clusters
We make chocolates every year during the Holiday’s. I had never made Turtles before. My mom use to make them when I was younger. So, this year I thought we would give Chocolate Caramel & Pecan Clusters a whirl. Definitely will make them again next year.
Chocolate, Caramel & Pecan Clusters
- 1 lb bag of halved pecans, try to find a bag with the least amount of broken pecans.
- 1 bag (14 oz) caramels
- 2 Tbs milk
- 12 oz melting chocolate, I prefer dark chocolate
- 6 oz white melting chocolate
- sea salt
- waxed paper
- Place pecan halves on waxed paper in clusters of three.
- In a sauce pan melt caramels (unwrapped) with 2 T milk over medium heat.
- When caramels are melted smooth, spoon approximately 1 tablespoon full of caramel over each cluster of pecans.
- Melt dark chocolate. You can use a double boiler or microwave. I place chocolate wafers in a bowl and microwave on DEFROST for a couple minutes. Make sure to cheek it often and stir, DO NOT WHIP.
- When chocolate is melted smooth, spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of chocolate over the pecans & chocolate.
- While chocolate is still setting, add a pinch of sea salt to the top.
- Melt white chocolate. Pipe it or drizzle it over the cluster. I put the melted white chocolate in a sandwich baggie. cut a small corner off & piped the chocolate over the top. No-mess cleanup.
- Place in refrigerator to harden the chocolate & caramel.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Let set at room temp. for about an hour before serving.
The sea salt on top added just the perfect flavor.
The Chocolate, Caramel & Pecan Clusters were my favorite on the chocolate plate.
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.