The crock pot is one of the best inventions. Just throw some stuff in, turn it on and go about your day. Dinner is served 6-8 hours later.
Crock Pot Roast
- 1 beef chuck pot roast, about 3 lbs
- 4 russet potatoes
- 8 oz carrots
- 3 yellow onions
- 4 beef bullion cubes
- Garlic powder, season salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- In a frying pan, warm olive oil over high heat.
- Generously rub beef with garlic, season salt and cracked pepper.
- Sear the beef on all sides. It locks in the flavor of the beef.
- Place seared beef in the crock pot.
- Place cut potatoes, carrots and quartered onions around beef.
- I usually peel my potatoes. But, this time I just washed and cut them.
- I used a bag of baby carrots. You can use regular carrots that have been peeled and cut.
- Dissolve beef bullion cubes in hot water and pour on top of beef and vegetables.
- Add water to barely cover.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for about 5 hours.
We love how tender the meat comes out.
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.