This might be our favorite meal…EVER. Fettuccine Alfredo is a great dish to serve when guests come to dinner.
We have even made this in the bottom of the Grand Canyon (Havasupai). We cooked it on our burner and a pot. Just substitute the Heavy Cream for canned Table Cream. Talk about spoiled campers 🙂
Occasionally, we will just make the sauce (no noodles) in a fondue pot. Cut some bread, a few veggies & open a bottle of wine.
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 6 oz Asiago cheese, grated
- 8 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb dry fettuccini pasta
- Sautee butter and garlic on medium heat for a couple of min. (about 4min.)
- Add heavy cream & cheeses.
- Lower heat and let simmer until cheese is melted, stirring often (about 20 min.) The slower you melt the cheese the better the sauce will turn out.
- Cook Fettuccine noodles, al dente.
- Serve with Italian Bread and Dip the Bread
The Sauce should be smooth and will thicken as it cooks.
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.