It was cold outside… I was chilled to my core… A hearty, warm soup is just what I needed, Loaded Baked Potato Soup.
We asked Cindy, my mother in-law over for dinner. She likes to watch us take pictures of our food and that means she doesn’t have to cook.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 12 oz package bacon
- 4 Tbs butter
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ⅓ cup flour or corn starch
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pint half and half
- 2½ lbs potatoes, cubed and boiled
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a frying pan, cook bacon.
- Remove bacon and drain grease, leaving 2 tablespoons of grease in the pan.
- Add butter, onions and celery. Sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the green onions and flour.
- Transfer to a stock pot.
- Stir in chicken broth, cover and cook until mixture has thickened, stir frequently. About 30 minutes.
- Once the mixture is thickened, add half and half, cooked potatoes, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Continue cooking until cheese is melted.
- Blend about half of the potatoes using a potato masher.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon, green onions and sour cream.
With ingredients like this, how could it not be delicious.
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.