Mom and I try to get together to make a video from time to time. It’s nice to just hang out and cook. Plus, since Jerry & I don’t eat many sweets, she gets to take the leftovers home with her. Bill, my stepdad, chose this recipe.
Here’s a real blast from the past. Remember Mock Apple Pie? The disbelief that it is Ritz crackers, not apples? Well, here you go:
Mock Apple Pie
- 1 pie crust
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 30 Ritz crackers
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 425º
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine the water, sugar and cream of tartar. Bring to boil.
- Drop in whole crackers (DO NOT STIR) and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and flour. Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 375º and continue to bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer., until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Share Facebook video to post on your timeline
Pin the picture below to save & share with friends
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni & Mom !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.