The basis of a good pizza is a good Pizza Crust. I have been using this crust for years when I make pizza. Never had a complaint.
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 cup warm water (110º)
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- corn meal, for dusting pan
- Preheat oven to 425º
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and honey in warm water.
- Let stand 10 minutes, until creamy.
- Stir in oil, salt and flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Let rest in warm spot for 30 minutes. (Please see our tip on how to Make Dough Rise Faster.)
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out into a circle.
- Transfer to a pizza pan lightly dusted with corn meal.
- Dock the dough (using a fork, poke little holes in the dough to prevent dough from rising too much in one area).
- Pre-bake for 5 minutes.
- Take out of oven, add desired toppings and bake until golden brown (Please see our recipe for Homemade Party Pizza Surprise).
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.