This Spanish Rice recipe comes from Cindy, my mother in-law. Her mom made it when she was growing up and is a favorite in her home. Jerry, Matt & JR love this.
Cindy came over to watch the Bronco’s football game. She is from Denver. Thought this would be the perfect choice for a halftime meal. Of course, we served it with flaky biscuits.
- 1¼ pounds ground beef
- 2 Tbs parsley
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can water
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1½ cups Minute rice
- salt & pepper
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- Add garlic and brown again for 8 minutes.
- Add parsley, tomato sauce, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add rice, continue to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with salad and Hungry Jack Buttermilk Biscuits.
The boys add ketchup to the Spanish Rice.
I have even made a double batch. Kept it warm in a crockpot and served with tortilla chips as an appetizer.
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.