When it is cold outside nothing warms me up more than a bowl of Spicy Chili.
We were just hanging out watching football on a Sunday afternoon. Chili sounded so good. Playoffs were on and the Steelers were out 🙁 So, I figured I would cook.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 (29 oz) cans tomato sauce, I use Hunts
- 2 (12 oz) cans tomato paste, I use Hunts
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans beef broth
- 3 medium diced yellow onions
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 diced red pepper
- 2 seeded diced habanero peppers
- 7 diced Thai chili peppers
- 2 seeded diced serrano peppers
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp season salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 Tbs oregano
- 2 Tbs cumin
- 7 Tbs chili powder
- 1 (16 oz) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (16 oz) can white kidney beans, rinsed
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- Using a large stock pot, mix all ingredients except beans.
- Heat over medium high heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for an hour or two.
- I transfer half of the chili to another pot and add beans to only one half.
- Cook another 10 minutes.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream and/or crackers.
I like beans in my chili. Jerry insists that he does not like beans, even though he has never had them. But, I am ok with that 🙂
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.