We are in the process of buying a new house, woo hoo. We sold our last house and had to move within a month. The bad news is that we are homeless for 6 weeks, until our house is finished being built. Not really homeless, both of our parents live here in Vegas.
All my stuff is packed away 🙁 . So, I am trying to cook in an unfamiliar kitchen. On the bright side, I have my camera and the great sunlight of Vegas. I guess I can make do and make a Tiramisu.
- 8 oz Italian mascarpone cheese
- 8-10 ladyfingers
- 2 small egg yolks
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 double shot or 2 oz expresso, cooled
- 1½ Tbs brandy or dark rum (I used light rum, nobody noticed)
- 1-2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar and half of the brandy. Whip quickly to thicken.
- Fold in the mascarpone. Should be the consistency of mayonnaise. If it is too runny use a hand blender to thicken.
- On a small plate, mix expresso and the rest of the brandy.
- Quickly dip each side of the ladyfingers and layer the bottom of a serving dish. Do not soak completely.
- Top with about ⅓ of the mascarpone mixture.
- Repeat, a layer of dipped ladyfingers topped with the rest of the mascarpone mixture.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle cocoa and chocolate shavings on top before serving.
I wasn’t sure where to get mascarpone cheese or ladyfingers. I found both of them at Von’s grocery store. The ladyfingers were in the bakery section and the mascarpone cheese was in the deli section with the specialty cheeses.
Can you say yummmmm!!! It was delicious.
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.