Can you say, Yum? So did everyone who ate this Tortellini Casserole dish. Easy, cheesy, hearty and delicious.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- Small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (28oz can) of crushed tomatoes
- 1 ( 8oz) can of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 (20 oz) package of fresh cheese tortellini
- 3 cups of freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil, until soft.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Once beef is cooked through, stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Stir in basil and parsley.
- Stir in uncooked, fresh tortellini and 1½ cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer to casserole dish and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Cover tightly with foil and baked at 350º for about 25-30 minutes.
Can’t see how you could go wrong with cheese, pasta and ground beef.
Casseroles are great to serve for dinner. If you liked our Tortellini Casserole, check out more of our Casseroles.
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.