Pecans & caramel covered in chocolate topped with sea salt…Turtles…AMAZING.
- 1 pound bag of halved pecans, try to find a bag with the least amount of broken pecans.
- 1 bag (14 oz) caramels
- A Tablespoon milk
- 12 ounces melting chocolate, I prefer dark chocolate
- 6 ounces white melting chocolate
- Sea salt
- Waxed paper
- Place pecan halves on waxed paper in clusters of three.
- In a sauce pan melt caramels (unwrapped) with 1 Tablespoon milk over medium heat.
- When caramels are melted smooth, spoon approximately 1 Tablespoon full of caramel over each cluster of pecans.
- Melt dark chocolate. You can use a double boiler or microwave. I place chocolate wafers in a bowl and microwave on DEFROST for a couple minutes. Make sure to cheek it often and stir, DO NOT WHIP.
- When chocolate is melted smooth, spoon approximately 1 Tablespoon of chocolate over the pecans & chocolate.
- While chocolate is still setting, add a pinch of sea salt to the top.
- Melt white chocolate. Pipe it or drizzle it over the cluster. I put the melted white chocolate in a sandwich baggie. cut a small corner off & piped the chocolate over the top. No-mess cleanup.
Great or Christmas cookies or anytime of the year.
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.