Mom and I made a watermelon cake. We giggled a lil. Had a little trouble with the topping, it was a bit messy. But, I would say it was a success. I plan on making this for a party.
Easy, no bake, watermelon cake. Perfect for a hot summer day.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 watermelon
- Fruit for decoration; strawberries, blueberries, kiwi or any other fruit, nuts, sprinkles or toppings.
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. (A hand mixer will work also.)
- Using the whisk attachment, mix on medium speed until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the heavy cream to nearly stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped cream into the cheese mixture and quickly beat to combine. Do not over beat.
- Refrigerate until using.
- Using a large sharp knife, cut the top and bottom off of the watermelon flat.
- Turn the watermelon upright and carve away the rind in downward strips until all of the green and white pith is removed and you're left with a red, ripe center.
- Carve away small pieces from the sides and top until the center is roughly cake-shaped.
- Transfer the watermelon to a cake stand or serving plate.
- Pat the outside with paper towels to remove excess water.
- Spread the whipping cream over the entire surface of the watermelon.
- Decorate cake with fruits or other toppings.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator.
Share the Facebook video below to post on your timeline
Pin the picture below to save & share with friends.
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni & Mom !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.