I was looking to make an appetizer that was a little different & a little more healthy than the usual stuff. Jerry loves pizza, so I made this low carb version of Zucchini Pizza Stix. It was easy and didn’t take long at all.
Zucchini Pizza Stix
- 5 zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup marineria or pizza sauce
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup mini pepperonis
- Optional: mushrooms, onions, green pepper or olives
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Cut ends off of zucchini and cut in half longways. Place close together (inside of zucchini facing up) on a lined or oiled cookie sheet.
- Blot inside of zucchini with a paper towel, to remove excess moisture.
- Mince garlic into olive oil, stir and brush on the upside of zucchini.
- Salt and pepper halves.
- Spread sauce over each zucchini.
- Sprinkle both cheeses on top and add pepperoni and other desired toppings.
- Bake at 425º for 14-16 minutes, until desired doneness.
Shave Facebook video to post on your timeline
They turned out great & were very tasty. Jerry jokes that this makes zucchini editable. You can cut them into bite size pieces & add a side of dipping sauce.
Pin the picture below to save & share with friends
Enjoy, Jerry & Roni !!!
Jerry & Roni welcome you to Cooking Life to the Fullest
Living the good life is what it is all about. Spending time with family & friends, Cooking Life to the Fullest, is at the top of our list of favorite things.